The Alabama Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is a legal document to prove the sale and purchase of any type of motor vehicle or vessel, between entity and individual or between two individuals. This document will be needed for the transference of title, with the Division of Motor Vehicle (DMV) once the motor vehicle or vessel has been purchased. Registration is required with 20 days of purchase in this state.
Registering a Vehicle in Alabama
Within twenty (20) days the new owner must register their new vehicle.
First-Time Registration in Alabama – If so, then according to Section 810-5-1-.247 the new owner must undergo a Vehicle Identification Inspection (VIN) and This Form (MVT-5-10) must be completed by a licensed official.
Where to Register – Lookup and go to a in your area.
Needed to Register – New owner must have:
- Liability Insurance – As of January 1, 2013;
- Title – If no title This Form (MVT-12-1) must be filed;
- Registration Fee –
How To Write
Step 1 – Amount – Enter the total sum for which the vehicle was purchased
Step 2 – Purchaser’s Information
- Purchaser’s Name
- Purchaser’s Physical Address
Step 3 – Description of Vehicle
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Step 4 – Seller’s Information
- Seller’s Name
- Seller’s Physical Address
- If there is any type of lien or encumbrance on the vehicle, place the release date on the line provided in dd/mm format
- The last line, promises that the information on the document is true – the seller must date the document in the lines provided in dd/mm format
- Signature of Seller