The Arizona Firearm Bill of Sale is a legal document that is used between an owner of a firearm to include handguns and assault weapons, to legally sell to a willing buyer/trade for monetary payment or trade. Arizona has relaxed gun laws and therefore there is no requirement for the buyer to obtain any type of licensing or permit(s) to carry a concealed weapon unless by choice of the owner. The only reason an individual may apply for a concealed weapons permit is to operate it in another state which requires a state permit and must be carried and provided to law enforcement upon request.
Registering a Firearm in Arizona
The state of Arizona respects the rights of any and all U.S. citizens to carry a concealed handgun as long as the carrier is a responsible citizen and carries the firearm properly within the state of Arizona. In this state, one may carry a firearm with or without any required permit. You may also carry openly while in the state of Arizona. However, according to if a person is not lawfully permitted to carry a firearm due to arrest, indictment, conviction or age, for example, you are in violation of state law simply by being in possession of a firearm whether your carry it or not. If an individual is required to carry a concealed weapon permit according to required by section 4-229 or 4-244, and fails to present the permit to a law enforcement officer upon request, you may be fined up to $300.00 for such an offense. An Arizona resident permit may be obtained. In order to obtain a concealed weapons permit you must follow do and provide the following:
- Applicant Instructions
- Determine whether you meet the qualifications in order to have the legal ability to obtain a concealed weapon permit.
- Review the provisions contained in the state of Arizona, Revised Statute Title 13, chapter 4 and chapter 31. This information is available on the .
- You must then contact the and request an application packet which will contain an application. This packet will also contain two fingerprint cards, as well, a return envelope. This unit will provide individual application packets. If more than one is required simply make them aware of how many are needed. When requesting application packet(s) for New Permit(s), you must email your request to include your mailing address in one of the following formats:
PO Box 1234
Anytown, AZ 80808
1234 Weapons Street
Anytown, AX 80808
- Using the return envelope provided, send the completed application, adequate documentation that will demonstrate that you possess firearms safety competence. Also required will be two complete sets of fingerprints, the appropriate fee in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or certified check; payable to the AZ DPS and in attention to the CWPU. All fees are nonrefundable.
- NOTE: You as the “Applicant” must provide fingerprint cards provided by the Department. Some police agencies are willing to provide fingerprinting services for a small fee (DPS does not provide this service). Call your local police agencies to inquire about fingerprinting services. The prints must be clear, distinct and classifiable. Do not place tape over the top of the prints or you will be required to resubmit them.
How To Write
Step 1 – Download and print the document
Step 2 – Seller and Buyer Information – Enter the seller and buyer information, on the form, as follows:
- The Seller –
- Driver’s License Number
- Physical Address
- The Buyer –
- Driver’s License Number
- Physical Address
Step 3 – Firearm Details – Enter the details with regard to the firearm being sold or traded:
- Serial Number (SN)
Step 4 – Trade or Purchase Price – Enter the details of the trade or purchase in the lines provided:
- Enter the monetary sale price dollar amount in words and then enter the dollar amount in numbers
- Enter the date in which the purchase will occur
- Enter the date that the document will be known as being executed in mm/dd/yyyy format
- Enter the final date in which the buyer will have to provide funds or trade
- Other – In the line provided on the form, next to other, enter any other details with regard to the negotiations for the firearm
- If the seller if accepting a direct trade for the firearm, detail the negotiated details of the trade on the lines provided at the end of the form. If more room is required, add a sheet to continue the detail information and then attach it to the form
Make copies for the purpose of record keeping and provide the original document to the buyer