The New Hampshire Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document that meets the requirements of NH RSA 261:148 III. This document will provide specific required information with regard to the seller, buyer and the vehicle being sold and purchased. This document will be required for registration of a vehicle in the state of New Hampshire. It does not require notarization.
Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form TDMV12) – Required State and Federal laws for all seller’s to authorize at the time of sale to certify the mileage of the vehicle.
Register a Vehicle in New Hampshire
If you’ve purchased a vehicle that will be operated on the New Hampshire roadways, you may purchase a temporary place card that will allow you 20 days to register your vehicle. If you are a new resident to the state, you may continue to use your current state registration for 60 days only.
Where to Register – You may register your vehicle by taking all of your required documentation to any of the in New Hampshire
Needed to Register – Gather the following documents and appear in person as t Town Clerk’s office near you to acquire your proper vehicle registration for the state of NH:
- A title that has been signed over to you
- A bill of sale
- Proof of residency in the state of New Hampshire
- An Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Photo ID
- Proof of auto insurance
- New Hampshire charges state fees as well as city fees. The state fees are based upon the weight of your vehicle. When preparing to pay fees be advised that you must provide a separate check, money order, and/or credit card transaction for each respective fee.
- State Fees:
- 0 to 3000 lbs.: $31.20.
- 3001 t0 5000 lbs.: $43.20.
- 5001 to 8000 lbs.: $55.20.
- 8001 to 73,280 lbs.: $.96 per 100 lbs.
- Passenger vehicles and trucks: $3.
- Heavy vehicles and buses: $5.
- Motorcycles, recreational/farm vehicles, and trailers: $2.
Miscellaneous New Hampshire Vehicle Registration Fees:
- Initial license plate fee: one time fee of $8.
- Duplicate car registration: $15.
- Temporary 20 days registration: $10.
How to Write
Step 1 – Date of Sale – Enter the date, in the top left corner of the form when the sale is taking place
Step 2 – Price of the Sale – In the next line within the paragraph, enter the amount in which the vehicle is being sold and purchased then provide the following information within the fields provided on the form:
- Model Year
- Manufactured Year
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Type of Body
- Number of Cylinders
- Fuel Type
Step 3 – Signatures – Both parties must read the statement provided. If they are in agreement, provide the following:
- Seller(s) Signature
- Seller(s) Printed Name
- Seller(s) Physical Address
- Buyer(s) Signature
- Buyer(s) Printed Name
- Buyer(s)Physical Address
Make copies for record keeping and provide the original to the buyer for registration