The Utah Automobile/Motorcycle Bill of Sale Form TC-843 is a document produced by the state of Utah, that will prove the legal sale and purchase of an automobile or motorcycle in the state of Utah. This document will not prove change of ownership without presentation of a title. This document will not require notarization.
Odometer Disclosure Statement (TC-891) – Required for all motor vehicles.
Register an Automobile/Motorcycle in Utah
If you have purchased an automobile or motorcycle in the state of Utah, you must have it registered in order to legally operate on Utah roadways. If you’ve purchased a vehicle from a dealership, take all of your documentation and they will complete and submit everything for you and provide for you a temporary registration for use until you’ve received your registration in the mail.
Where to Register – When you have gathered all of the appropriate documentation, take it to one of your local .
Needed to Register – Gather the following information prior to your arrival at the DMV Office:
- A title that has been signed over to you
- A bill of sale
- You will need your Utah Driver’s license
- Proof of Utah auto insurance is required
- Certification of a safety or smog test, if applicable
- Payment for the $6 temporary permit fee. Be prepared to also pay all other registration and title fees at the point of registration
How to Write
Step 1 – Download the document, complete it and print – Begin by selecting the box that applies:
- Light Truck, Van or Util.
- Heavy Truck (over 12,000 lbs)
- Off-Highway Vehicle
Step 2 – Complete the remaining lines on the form as follows:
- Enter the worded dollar amount
- Enter the dollar amount in numbers
- Buyer’s name
- Seller’s name
Step 3 – Vehicle Information – Enter as follows:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- License Number
Step 4 – Seller Authentication – The seller must read the final statements on the form:
- Seller must enter their signature
- Date the signature in mm/dd/yyyy format