The South Dakota 3-Day Notice to Quit (Non-Payment) is a written notice that must be given to the tenant (lessee) or party in possession on the rental unit in the event a tenant fails to pay rent before eviction proceedings can be instituted. The notice must be served in person, to the tenant’s place of dwelling. If the tenant cannot be found, the landlord must try serving again at least 6 hours after the previous service attempt. Again, if the tenant is nowhere to be found, the server may post the notice in a conspicuous place on the property and send a copy by first class mail addressed to the tenant.
How to Write
- The first two steps to complete this form requires you to enter information of the tenant and landlord including the landlord’s and tenant’s name and address. (TO being the tenant and FROM being the landlord)
- Enter the address where the tenant is wrongfully in possession.
- Include the amount of rent the tenant owes including late fees and all other fees with the total due.
- Enter the date signed and served.
- Signature of landlord/owner