The West Virginia Immediate Notice to Quit (Non-Payment/Non-Compliance/Illegal Activity) is a form which essentially notifies the tenant of the landlord’s desire to remove them from their residential rental property for wrongfully occupying the premises. The notice shall inform the tenant that any defense to the petition must be submitted in writing to the landlord within 5 days of receipt by the tenant of the notice.
For this notice to be legal under law, it must contain the following information:
- The owner of the rental property has a right to recover possession
- A description of the property in order to identify it
- A summary which describes how the tenant is wrongfully occupying the premises – could be for the non-payment of rent, breached a provision in the lease agreement, or deliberately or negligently damaged the property
How to Write
Complete the notice with the following information. Check all violations that apply and give a description.
- Name of Tenant
- Address of the tenant’s premises
- The date the tenant must give up possession of the property
- Check all violations that apply and give a description
- Landlord’s signature