The New York Lease Termination Letter Form is a legal document that may be used by either landlord or tenant to provide the required 30 day notice to vacate the rental premises. Either party may provide this notice one to the other and it will be considered sufficient legal notice to vacate. The document is easy to understand and complete.
How to Write
Step 1 – Landlord – If you are the landlord sending this notice to a tenant check the first box.
- Date the notice with the date of it’s completion in dd/mm/yyyy format
- Enter the date of termination in the same fashion (Termination for the landlord will be one months (30 days) from the next rent payment date)
Step 2 – Tenant – If you are the tenant and would like to provide rental termination, check the second box.
- Date the notice with the date of it’s completion in dd/mm/yyyy format, tenant termination must be at least one month from the next rental payment date
- Enter the date of your rental termination in dd/mm./yyyy format
- Enter the street address where you would like your security deposit to be sent once you’ve vacated the premises
- Zip Code
Both parties should plan to walk through the property on the day that the premises is being vacated.
The tenant must arrange to move or have the utilities and/or services turned off when the move out.
If the landlord would like the utilities changed over to their name, they must be responsible to give the tenant ample notice to do so.
Step 3 – Signature – Either party who is sending the notice must provide signature and printed name.
You may then either deliver or send the notice to the landlord/tenant, then providing proper notice to vacate